Day 1, Wednesday
September 5, 2018
We begin the trip with some welcome snacks, in the evening with introductions and discuss the logistics of the trip.
Day 2, Thursday
September 6, 2018
- We begin with a lecture in the morning
- Visit to Blue Lagoon – the geothermal spa is one of the most visited attractions in Icelandin the afternoon
Day 3, Friday
September 7, 2018
- Exploring coast of Arnarstapi, a fishing village, including Gatklettur beach and Port Arnarstapi. This time of the year is ideal because days are long and there is enough light to explore the natural beauty, even hours after sundown.
- Afternoon – Lecture on Long Exposure
- Budir hamlet- The Buðir black church is one of 3 black churches in Iceland, absolutely stunning!
- Evening- Lecture on introduction to Lightroom
Snæfellsnes is also referred to as “Miniature Iceland” because of its stunning natural beauty.
Day 4, Saturday
September 8, 2018
- Travel along the coastline in Snæfellsnes
- Londrangar- photography of birds and volcanic basalt plugs, which rise out of the ocean is a sight to remember
- Kirkjufell – Mt. Kirkjufell is considered to be one of Iceland´s most beautiful mountains with its special cone-like shape and steep hills
- Evening – Post processing in Lightroom
Day 5, Sunday
September 9, 2018
- Godafoss Waterfall (Waterfall of the Gods!)
- Lake Myvatn
- Viti Crater–‘Viti means hell and in former times people believed that hell was situated under volcanoes!
- Dettifoss Waterfall (Europe’s most powerful)
Day 6, Monday
September 10, 2018
- Black dune beach at Stokksnes and the majestic peaks of Mt. Vestrahorn
- Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
- Vatnajokull- glaciers and glacier outlets, floating icebergs. Very few other places in the world offer such wide range of natural wonders like Vatnajokull
- Evening Post processing in Lightroom and Photoshop
Day 7, Tuesday
September 11, 2018
- Skaftafell Park
- Svartifoss Waterfall or Black Fall since it falls from its basalt lava wall
- Fjaðrárgljúfur canyon
- Village of Vik- Black Sand Beach, cliffs,
- Dyrholaey– best time of the year to spot puffins!
- The black beach at Reynisfjara, the most beautifu non-tropical beach of the world!
- the Dyrholaey Promontory
- Reynisdrangar for its mysterious basalt sea stacks
Day 8, Wednesday
September 12, 2018
- Sólheimasandur Plane Crash
- Skogafoss Waterfall, a majestic fall with a drop of 60 meters and width of 25 meters
- Seljalandsfoss Waterfall – one of Iceland’s most famous waterfalls due to its natural, picturesque beauty
- Keldur Turf House – one of only very few preserved turf houses in South-Iceland
Day 9, Thursday
September 13, 2018
Back to Hometown
Things to Bring
- Camera- preferably a DSLR camera DSLR, mirrorless, compact or iPhone cameras
- Laptop with Lightroom or other basic photo editing software
- Comfortable clothing
- Warm clothing (will be quite chilly)
- Waterproof/ jacket raincoat
- Hiking shoe is a must – moderate amount of walking
- External Battery Charger for cell phone
- Recommended Lens-
- 24-70 mm
- Any kit lens will be also acceptable
- Recommended Accessories:
- Circular Polarizer
- 10 stop ND Filter
- Camera Release Cable
Please contact for enrollment
- Professional photographer
- Photo walks
- Lecture on basic camera operation, composition, Landscape, Long Exposure, Street photography, architecture, HDR and post processing of images using Adobe Lightroom
- Transportation in a spacious, comfortable van/SUV offering ample room for you and your photography gear.
- Accommodation in hotels and guesthouses (2 people share a room – double occupancy). Rooms have private bathrooms. In case you want to opt for Single occupancy there will be an extra charge.
- Air ticket; food snacks, beverages and alcohol
- Blue Lagoon Entry fees
- Northern Lights Tour
Beginner, amateur, and semi-pro photographers
(non-photographers also welcome)
In case the the workshop is filled and you decide to cancel,we will refund you the full amount you paid minus $300 as service charge.
In case there are still seats available for the workshop and you decide to cancel, then you will be refunded based on the following:
More than 60 days to the commencement of the workshop: few will refund you the full amount minus $300 fee.
45 – 60 days : 50% refund. Less than 45 days: no refund
We will refund you by the same method you originally paid for the workshop